A quick catch-up of our lives. The snow melted in a day and we'll probably not see it again for another 4 years. The week after the snow we had record highs - reaching in the mid-70sF. And thus, we (Nathan and Julie) got sick. Well, it started out with Nathan. He came down with Fifths Disease, which is not as nasty as it sounds. It's basically a bad cold with a body rash - and highly contagious. He got over that in about 1 1/2 weeks, and then we had a break of sickness for a couple days. Then, the nastiest cold hit Nathan and then eventually me for 2 weeks. So, we've been sick! Not only us, but all of our friends kids have been sick. I think all of our families have managed to get every childhood illness possible. We've had Fifths Disease, RSV, ear infections, terrible colds, and high fevers - I'm sure I'm missing something. Yikes! So, we've been home bound, not playing with any of our friends - very sad for both Mama and Nathan!
So, in an attempt to stay occupied, here are a few pictures of things we did...
Nathan and I got Bojangles for lunch. He drank ALL of the sweet tea!!!
Daddy & Nathan played "airplane" a lot!!!! Brian was amazing during this time of sickness! He'd come home and I'd usually retreat to the bed. My husband gets the Husband of the Year Award!!!
Brian's drums are usually stored in our church's storage space, but he decided to bring them home and give Nathan his first full drum set lesson.
And this is just a ridiculous picture. I was busy in our bedroom and all of sudden Nathan comes out of our bathroom humming with this object in his mouth. Yes, that is my eyelash curler. It's funny that Nathan probably thought it was a musical instrument. Why not??? I mean we have a piano, drums, chinese flute, Armenian flute, recorder, tambourine. Why wouldn't we keep another musical instrument in our bathroom drawers with the rest of Mama's make-up?! It only makes sense!
And I'm sure there is much more I could tell you about our random adventures during sickness. Stay tuned for more catch-up pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment