11.25.2007

Chef in Training

Cooking for Two; Betty Crocker's Cookbook: Bridal Edition; Super Fast Suppers; The 4 Ingredient Cookbook. These are just a few of the cookbook titles that I own, but how often do I actually open them up and actually cook from them? Not very often. And then of course, there is the overflowing recipe box with recipes I have cut out from magazines and printed off of the computer with good intentions, but have never really tried. So, cooking and rather, food becomes somewhat boring. Well, it's not a new invention and I've taken advice from some great friends to actually use the recipes that I have been hoarding in my cupboard. So, I tried a few new ones this week and it was actually really exciting preparing, cooking and eating them. It's like the new shirt hanging in your closet with the tags still on - you finally wear it and it's exciting all day long - you look great. Well, I was excited to make this recipe all day long and probably would have prepared it all day long if need be - thankfully it only took about 30 minutes to prep and cook which is good news and definitely an important factor if this recipe even has a chance at being a repeat in our family.

Rosemary Chicken & Brie en Croute

Ingredients:
1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onions
6 oz. Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. rosemary leaves
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Heat oven to 350F. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/4 of chopped green onions onto center of each rectangle; top with 1/4 of cheese cubes. Top each with 1/4 of chicken, pressing into cheese. Fold short ends over chicken, overlapping slightly. Fold open ends over about 1/2 inch to form rectangle. Press all edges to seal. Place seam side down on ungreased baking pan. Cut three 1-inch slashes on top of each roll to form steam vents. Brush with egg; sprinkle with rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350F for 21 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish each sandwich with 2 tomato wedges and 1 green onion (if you're into the whole garnishing thing). Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

Glindy said...

You are such a great cook! This sounds yummy! I'll have to try it some time.
Love,
Mom xxoo