10.11.2007

Photography Tip

So...I decided to go to this photo store in the mall, which will remain namesless. It's not at all a professional place, but it was a free photo sitting and I had a coupon for a free 8x10 picture...so I figured I might as well try it out and at least get a free picture. I thought I would be helpful by telling our photographer that Nathan doesn't like being on his back. He's a roller and prefers being on his tummy. So, how did she position him???....on his back...ahhh...on this silly bean bag...so after a few seconds he rolls (almost falling off the bean bag) and now is on his tummy, bottom facing the camera and he's getting upset. So, we reposition him which takes a few minutes and we try again. She keeps trying to get Nathan to smile and I'm thinking...just take the pics...who cares if he's smiling...just take the picture and I'm sure we'll get at least one good one. Well, he rolls and flips again...bottom to the camera...and so the pictures are at a hault again. We finally put him on the ground which we probably should have done in the first place - but she's the photographer - I thought she knew what she was doing. And now, she's waiting for Nathan to smile. She keeps tickling him and calling his name and trying to get him to smile. He's just staring at her with this confused look which made me laugh because I probably would have given her the same look. Then, after he got bored with looking at her and refused to laugh and smile at her, he started fussing.

...so 30 minutes passed and the lady says, we're out of time...we can reschedule?!

...I wait an hour to review the pics and realize that she only took FOUR pictures. Four pictures in 30 minutes!! If there is anything I know about taking pictures of babies...it's snap, snap, snap, snap, snap!!! Keep taking pictures and you'll get something good and you might even catch a grin or a full smile! That's the point of having a digital camera!!!

...so in the end, we had a free photo sitting, free 8x10 and a free funny story!

2 comments:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

ahahah!!! rest assured. your fun pics with kristin will rock your face off!

:o)
nicole

Glindy said...

How many pictures have we taken of Nathan since he was born? It seems like the question of the night! This photographer needs to take up residence with you for the weekend, just to give her some perspective on what babies are REALLY like!!! Nontheless, you have documented yet another cute story for cute little Nathan's baby diary, that all will look back on and laugh hysterically. I'll bet Nathan could have taken a cute picture of the photographer!
Love, Mom xxoo