I 'm a happy mommy!
The reason? Well, it could be because my baby took a morning nap for the first time in his life.
Today, Nathan woke up around 7:30 am in time to feed and say goodbye to his Daddy who was getting ready to leave for work. After Nathan ate, we played for a while, I actually ate breakfast - yum - we played some more, sang some silly songs like our song about waking up the house , and then around 10 am I decided to put Nathan in his crib and prayed that he would sleep. He slept for 2 1/2 hours! I could not believe it! We had visitors that morning, and Nathan missed out on most of the fun, but he was soooooo happy when he woke up and really enjoyed playing with his friend, Hannah. They both scooted all around the living room floor, swapping toys and cooing.
This was a very happy event, but it's not what has truly made me happy.
Everything that I have experienced as a new mommy is the exact opposite of what I was expecting before my precious boy entered the world. I was expecting a quiet, calm, almost comatose baby that would sleep all day long and leave me longing to wake him up. I was expecting to be able to eat meals at my leisure, start and finish Nathan's baby book and continue to keep it up to date, have my house looking spotless, have meals prepared early every night. You experienced mommies out there I'm sure are laughing by now. Yea, my expectations were just that - expectations that only encouraged a massive letdown. When my baby came fussy, loud, discontent and sleepless I was left many days wondering what went wrong.
So why am I happy?
1) Because..."For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly." ~Psalm 84:11
God is not withholding a calm baby from me.
2) "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow meall the days of my life,and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." ~Psalm 23:6
God is only pouring out goodness and mercy in my life even if it looks like a screaming baby 24/7
LASTLY, I'm happy because Jesus is Lord and is reigning in the details of my life. He is my sufficiency and my strength and He gives grace to the humble. I'm happy because I'm being made more like my Maker as I am becoming more dependent and needy on the One who's strength is at work in me.
Would I want it differently? Nope! I want to become more like Jesus, so give me the screaming...because it is this trial that is transforming me daily as I behold Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith.
The reason? Well, it could be because my baby took a morning nap for the first time in his life.
Today, Nathan woke up around 7:30 am in time to feed and say goodbye to his Daddy who was getting ready to leave for work. After Nathan ate, we played for a while, I actually ate breakfast - yum - we played some more, sang some silly songs like our song about waking up the house , and then around 10 am I decided to put Nathan in his crib and prayed that he would sleep. He slept for 2 1/2 hours! I could not believe it! We had visitors that morning, and Nathan missed out on most of the fun, but he was soooooo happy when he woke up and really enjoyed playing with his friend, Hannah. They both scooted all around the living room floor, swapping toys and cooing.
This was a very happy event, but it's not what has truly made me happy.
Everything that I have experienced as a new mommy is the exact opposite of what I was expecting before my precious boy entered the world. I was expecting a quiet, calm, almost comatose baby that would sleep all day long and leave me longing to wake him up. I was expecting to be able to eat meals at my leisure, start and finish Nathan's baby book and continue to keep it up to date, have my house looking spotless, have meals prepared early every night. You experienced mommies out there I'm sure are laughing by now. Yea, my expectations were just that - expectations that only encouraged a massive letdown. When my baby came fussy, loud, discontent and sleepless I was left many days wondering what went wrong.
So why am I happy?
1) Because..."For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly." ~Psalm 84:11
God is not withholding a calm baby from me.
2) "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow meall the days of my life,and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." ~Psalm 23:6
God is only pouring out goodness and mercy in my life even if it looks like a screaming baby 24/7
LASTLY, I'm happy because Jesus is Lord and is reigning in the details of my life. He is my sufficiency and my strength and He gives grace to the humble. I'm happy because I'm being made more like my Maker as I am becoming more dependent and needy on the One who's strength is at work in me.
Would I want it differently? Nope! I want to become more like Jesus, so give me the screaming...because it is this trial that is transforming me daily as I behold Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith.
All the fitness He requires is to feel your need for Him



2 comments:
Dear Julie
I love your newest commentary! We are so happy to hear about Nathan's latest accomplishment, napping. God gives us patience and understanding in ways that he knows that only we as unique individuals will be able to experience. It is so exciting to see how God is working in and through you to equip you to be Nathan's mommy. Every new and exciting event will certainly be celebrated. What is exciting is that he is allowing you to experience these things to enable you to encourage other mommies who have babies just like Nathan. You are doing an awesome job and are becoming a wonderful mom. I love you, honey!
Love,
Mom xxoo
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!
Post a Comment