5.20.2007

When Mom Visits...I am blessed!

God has blessed me with a Mom who has always been for me and never against me. She has always sought the good of her children and has lavished so much love and service upon those she loves. Here are some ways I was blessed by her presence, our conversations and time spent together this weekend:
  • Mom took her day off on Friday to wake up at 5 a.m. to come spend the weekend with us
  • Mom drove 5 hours by herself without complaint to come visit with us
  • Mom took me out for lunch and shopping - lots of hoping and dreaming for little Nathan
  • While shopping, Mom bought me a cute silver purse that I really didn't need. That's what moms and daughters do best - shopping!
  • Mom said at least once every hour how much she is excited for the baby to come
  • I love when Mom calls the baby, "Baby Blue" when she is expressing her excitement and eager longing for her first grandchild to be born.
  • Saturday morning I went into the baby's room where Mom was sleeping to wake her up! This is always fun, because it feels like I'm a little girl again!
  • Mom stayed at home and offered to clean and organize for us while Brian & I went to look at a new-used car that we ended up purchasing.
  • Mom made the most creative fruit centerpiece for our Baby Shower - she is very talented!
  • Mom always wants to take tons and tons of pictures of - the belly!
  • Mom endured the smoky and loud scene at Lynwood Grill so we could eat some amazing pizza and listen to Brian play drums
  • Saturday consisted of Mom cleaning & organizing our house, going to our baby shower, listening to loud music at Lynwood Grill - and all with her having a pretty bad caffeine headache. You would have never known!
  • Mom got up early Sunday and enjoyed fellowshipping with us at our church
  • Mom held lots of babies this weekend between the baby shower and then at church with eyes, hands, and a heart longing for that baby to be her own grandchild
  • And...Mom will be back as soon as we're in labor - another 5 hour drive - to be with her first baby (me) who is having her own first baby (nathan) who will be Mom's first grandbaby.
  • Nathan is going to love his Grandma Glindy!

...I am truly blessed! I love my Mommy! I pray that by God's grace I'll be a good Mommy in many ways that my own Mommy has been to me.

No comments: