2.17.2007

A Grandma's Journal

ITS A BOY!!!!

It was just awesome to be there for the sonogram. They are so much better than when we had ours. He is just beautiful, strong, nicely shaped head and back and a sweet little nose. His heart is beating strong and he was not one bit modest, thankfully! Oh, how I cried. My baby is having a baby, and to see this little life within - a window into the future for a few moments.
The moment the lights went out in order to view the machine the tears spilled. I needed to hurry and wipe them away to see my grandson, I didn't want to miss a moment. As it began, he was in the cute little fetal position, the way babies sleep on their tummies with their little bums in the air. He was very content to sleep and then he stretched - arms over his head, somehow knowing that we were peeking in on him. He flipped and appeared to want to go back to sleep, but she woke him up - its a boy! Measuring his head and his spine, looking at parts of his brain, liver, and kidneys. His heart beating strong and regular - 150 bpm. He is too big now to measure in length, so now he is 13 oz, close to one pound at 21 weeks + 1 day old, and holding close to her due date at 21 weeks exactly - June 5th, maybe the 4th. Perfect was the word the doctor used. This was to be the last sonogram unless a problem arises, so the next time we see him will be on his birthday.

I am still trying to sort out the words to describe the joy that I feel. It seems odd for me to be called grandma (or whatever is finally decided) and yet somehow natural. I look forward with great joy meeting and finally holding my precious blue gem.

~Grandma

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

what a sweet and precious post! kristin, alicia and i read it together. thank you so much for sharing such a special moment with us!

much love!
Nicole